In general, I (Padraig O’Morain or my website padraigomorain.com) does not collect, store, use or disclose personally identifying information except in very specific instances, such as, for example, when you subscribe to my newsletters, book a course, or seek information.
You may also use the above contact information if you think any information about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or if you want to change the sort of information about you that I may have collected.
1. Data you send me when booking courses, subscribing to newsletters or seeking information is used for the purpose for which you send it. I have never sold or given away anybody’s information.
2. When you are booking courses, the data required to do this is held by the booking agency (usually getinvited or Eventbrite) or by the credit card processing agency (usually Stripe).
3. When you subscribe to newsletters the data required to do this is held by MailChimp which sends out the newsletters for me.
4. I download the information from the above bodies (eg getinvited, Eventbrite, Stripe, MailChimp) to administer these services or for compiling my tax returns.
5. When events are over I delete the phone numbers given when booking (in case events need to be cancelled). These, however, remain on the servers of the booking agencies over which I have no control.
6. I keep a list of the email addresses of people who have attended courses because people sometimes seek Continuing Professional Development certs long after the courses are over, or may inform me only then that they would like to transfer a booking from a previous course to a future course. Also people who sign up for online courses sometimes contact me a long time later for log-in details they are unable to find and these records help to connect me to the correct course.
7. If you want to know what information I have about you, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org